Ballasted Roofing System For Businesses in Tulsa, OK
Ballasted roofs are often considered a better choice than conventional flat roof membranes. Like its name suggests, ballast systems help anchor the roofing materials by adding weight through gravel, sand, or stone. Rather than adhering the roof membrane to the underlying decking material, they are "ballasted" with gravel. In this roofing system, no adhesives, nails, or screws are needed to hold the roof together. At A. Fricker Roofing & Waterproofing, we offer to install ballast roofs to give your business the necessary protection it deserves.
Benefits Of A Ballasted Roof
Selecting a particular roofing material for your business is not an easy task. The material you choose should be the perfect fit for your needs. If you decide to go with ballasted roof installation in Tulsa, you will get the following benefits:
- This type of roofing is highly durable. A ballasted roof can sustain the effects of thermal expansion and contraction.
- You can save money with this roofing system, as it is very cost-effective when compared to others.
- This roof is environmentally friendly as the installation is done using gravel instead of concrete.
- It is easily accessible for maintenance and cleaning. The contractor can make repairs (if necessary) easily.
- Since these are not attached, the materials used can be easily recycled, thus reducing waste.
The Ballast Roof Installation Process
The weight of the ballast material keep the roofing components in place no matter the weather. Here is how this roof is installed:
The roof of your commercial property is first completely waterproofed using an underlayment to ensure the system is not susceptible to leaks.
Then comes the main part, the ballast. There is the material that the contractor will use to hold the mat down. The most common materials are stone or (polymer) plastic pellets.
Depending on the type of your roof, you can use stones of different colors so that they can match the structure.
Why Choose A. Fricker Roofing & Waterproofing For Ballast Roofing?
A. Fricker Roofing & Waterproofing is a leading roofing company for ballasted roof installation in Tulsa and surrounding areas. Our team is highly experienced and trained, and can install a ballast roof for your business with ease. Our crew of qualified professionals will provide you with the highest quality of service possible. We are committed to providing our customers with a positive experience from start to finish. If you need help deciding which type of ballast roof is right for your project, contact us today!