Ballasted Roofing System For Tulsa, OK, Buildings
Although not common in residential construction, ballasted roof installation in Tulsa is considered a better choice than conventional flat roofs. Like its name, ballast systems help steady the roof by adding weight to it through gravel, sand, etc. Rather than anchoring or adhering the roof membrane to the underlying decking material, they are "ballasted" with gravel. The gravel is used to anchor the roof against high winds and prevent it from being lifted by strong gusts. We at A. Fricker Roofing offer to install ballast roofs to give your business the necessary protection it deserves.
Benefits Of A Ballasted Roof
Selecting a particular roofing material for your business is not an easy task. The material you choose should have defining characteristics and abilities. If you decide to go with ballasted roof installation in Tulsa, you will get the following benefits:
- This type of roofing is highly durable. A ballasted roof can sustain the effects of constant expansion and contraction.
- You can save money with this roofing system, as this is very cost-effective when compared to others.
- This roofing is environmentally friendly as the installation is done using gravel instead of concrete.
- Easily accessible for maintenance and cleaning. The contractor can make the repairs (if necessary) easily.
- Since these are not attached, the materials used can be easily recycled, thus reducing their waste impact.
Ballas Roof Installation Process
The ballast provides a constant weight on the roof so that the air beneath it does not move easily, and this weight also keeps the roof from flying off during high winds. Here is how this roof is installed: The roof of your commercial property is first completely waterproofed to ensure the system is not susceptible to leaks. Then comes the main part, the ballast. There is the material that the contractor will use to hold the mat down. The most common materials are stone (gravel) or (polymer) plastic pellets. Depending on the type of your roof, you can use stones of different colors so that they can match the structure.
Why Choose A. Fricker For Ballast Roofing
A. Fricker Roofing is a leading roofing company for ballasted roof installation in Tulsa and surrounding areas. Our team is highly experienced and trained and thus can install a ballast roof for your business with ease. Our crew of qualified professionals will provide you with the highest quality of service possible. We are committed to providing our customers with a positive experience from start to finish! If you need help deciding which type of ballast roofing is right for your project, contact us today!