Is your old roof worn out? Are you planning to replace it, or perhaps are planning a new build?
The roofing industry is always evolving, and there is one trend you may be interested in: synthetic roofing shingles. These new, advanced shingles are quickly becoming one of the most popular roofing materials available.
But what’s all the news about, and more importantly, why should these shingles be on your radar? Well, today I am going to go over everything you need to know about synthetic roof shingles and will also mention the top brands of 2024.
What Are Synthetic Roofing Shingles Made From?
Synthetic roofing shingles are a modern twist on traditional roofing materials like asphalt, wood, and slate.
They’re manufactured using innovative technologies from various composite materials, including:
They mimic the look of natural materials but offer increased durability. These shingles are known for their strong resistance to tough weather like intense sun and heavy hail storms while lasting for years with minimal maintenance. Plus, they contribute significantly towards the energy efficiency of your home!
Benefits of Synthetic Roofing Shingles
Choosing synthetic shingles instead of traditional shingles offers several benefits:
- Longevity: High-quality synthetic shingles show great resistance to cracking or fading, making them one of the longest-lasting roofing options.
- Minimal Maintenance: Day-to-day maintenance is not required due to their longevity and durable design.
- Versatile Looks: With advanced manufacturing techniques in play, these shingles are available in various designs and can mimic various traditional styles perfectly – offering something suitable for every house.
Importance of Choosing the Best Synthetic Roofing Shingles
There has been a significant rise in the number of homeowners turning to synthetic shingles, and for good reason!
However, choosing the right shingle makes all the difference. It’s worth spending time to understand each option so you make a well-informed decision that meets your aesthetic and functional needs effectively. After all, protecting your home while achieving an impressive curb appeal is every homeowner’s goal.
I’ve put together a list of top brands with cutting-edge products that you should consider this year.
Top Brands and Their Best Synthetic Roofing Shingles
Each of these top brands of roofing shingles has its unique benefits, innovative features and, of course, a different price tag.
Check out these options:
Option 1: DaVinci Roofscapes Multi-Width Composite Slate Shingles
- DaVinci Roofscapes creates high-quality synthetic roofing shingles that are both beautiful and functional.
- Their Multi-Width Composite Slate Shingles look like real slate but are lighter and resist wind-damage.
- Moreover they are fire-resistant, making them ideal for areas at risk of wildfires.
- Additionally, these shingles are environmentally friendly as they are fully recyclable.
Option 2: CertainTeed Highland Slate® Shingles
- CertainTeed’s synthetic shingles tick all the boxes when it comes to longevity and ability to withstand tough weather.
- They’re surprisingly light but very thick due to their multi-layer design. These shingles perform well in all weather, even in heavy snow or rain.
- Another noteworthy feature is their algae resistance, which provides a shield against unsightly discoloration over time.
Option 3: EcoStar Majestic Slate™ Shingles
- EcoStar addresses two major concerns by offering Majestic Slate Shingles: they provide beautiful roofs that are environmentally friendly.
- Made from upcycled materials, these are a great roof shingle option for environmentally conscious consumers.
- These roofing shingles are designed to withstand the elements for years, doubling their appeal with sustainable attributes and longevity.
- They’re UV resistant too—making color fading a thing of the past.
Option 4: Enviroslate® by Enviroshake®
- Coming next on the list is Enviroshake with one of their synthetic roofing shingles, Enviroslate.
- It’s practically indistinguishable from natural slate but without any of the vulnerabilities.
- Enviroslate combines recycled materials to create a long-lasting and attractive roofing option.
- Plus, this brand offers one of the industry’s most extended warranties; a lifetime warranty that is fully transferable.
Option 5: Brava Composite Slate Roof Tiles
- Brava stands out from other roofing brands by focusing on long-lasting, synthetic tiles that look like real slate.
- They can withstand extreme weather, like ice storms and intense sunlight.
- Also moderately priced compared to some alternatives out there, you can gain peace of mind knowing you won’t break the bank for quality products.
- Even better? Brava tiles are made with recycled plastics—a move toward sustainability.
Option 6: Euroshield® Shake and Slate Shingles
- Euroshield products are made from recycled rubber tires, reducing the amount of waste in landfills.
- Euroshield is committed to making durable roofing materials that withstand different weather conditions.
- These shingles are highly appealing because they are very resistant to damage, especially during hailstorms, and come with a transferable warranty.
- Moreover, they offer a variety of design options for your home’s roofing needs.
Option 7: F-Wave® Revia® Synthetic Roofing Shingles
- For the seventh and final choice, I am putting the spotlight on F-Wave Revia Synthetic Shingles.
- Revia shingles are unique because they are granule-free, ensuring durability against harsh conditions like hail and extreme temperatures, while a special polymer process ensures they don’t fade.
- They offer a wide selection of colors and styles, combining beauty with practicality, and are lighter and easier to install than traditional materials.
- Moreover, F-Wave prioritizes sustainability, incorporating extensive recycling in its production to reduce waste and support greener practices.
With this information on the top seven synthetic roofing shingle brands, I hope you’re better prepared to make a smart choice—after all, your roof deserves nothing but the best!
Final Thoughts on Choosing the Best Synthetic Roofing Shingles
Choosing synthetic shingles brings many benefits like long-lasting durability, resistance to weather, fire, mold, and algae, and they look like premium slate or cedar roofs. However, quality varies, so pick carefully among different brands.
Brands like DaVinci Roofscapes and CertainTeed are known for their high-quality products. If you want a more eco-friendly option, consider Enviroslate by Enviroshake or Euroshield Shake.
Remember to consider installation costs, warranties, and the brand’s reputation before deciding. What’s best for others might not be right for you, as every homeowner has unique needs.As we move into 2024, I hope this guide helps you choose the right synthetic roof shingles. Take your time, think it through, and you’ll make a decision that’s both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
Professional Synthetic Shingle Roof Installation In Tulsa, OK
When it comes to installing top-quality synthetic roof shingles in Tulsa, OK, A. Fricker Roofing & Waterproofing stands out as a leader in the industry. Our commitment to excellence and detail ensures that every project meets the highest standards of durability, aesthetics, and performance.
Choose A. Fricker Roofing & Waterproofing for your synthetic roofing needs and benefit from our extensive expertise, ensuring that your home is protected for years to come.
Contact us today at (918) 402-7167 to discover how we can transform your home with a new synthetic shingle roof.
A. On average, installing synthetic shingles on your roof costs between $25,000 to $50,000. This varies based on your roof’s size, slope, and design.
A. Synthetic shingles last significantly longer than traditional materials. Synthetic or composite shingles can last between 40 and 50 years, making their higher initial cost a worthwhile investment.