The most popular choice in roofing materials is asphalt roofing shingles, which are both inexpensive and easy to install. However, not all roofing shingles are the same. We’ve found that some shingles perform better than others. For example, architectural shingles perform better than 3-tab, and though these luxury asphalt shingles cost more upfront, they provide a beautifully layered look to your home.
A. Fricker Roofing & Waterproofing has helped homeowners find the right luxury shingles to replace old roofing material for years. We’ve put together this guide to help you find an option that will look great on your home while standing firm in high winds, heavy rain, and long periods of sun exposure.
We’ll walk you through each type of shingle and its unique features so that you can choose the right one for your home!
Our Top Picks For Luxury Asphalt Shingles
Our team is excited about the innovative asphalt roofing shingles available on the market today. These products’ durability and ease of use make them a great choice for any homeowner.
We’ve put together our top five luxury shingles recommendations worth checking out if you’re considering upgrading your roof.
#1 Grand Manor By CertainTeed
The Grand Manor multi-layered laminated shingle is one of CertainTeed’s heaviest shingles. Made with three layers of laminated shingles, this heavy-duty roofing material replicates the look of slate and comes with a lifetime warranty. It’s designed to handle all types of weather, so your home can be protected for years to come.
- Grand Manor shingles are composed of a fiberglass mat base, ceramic-coated mineral granules tightly embedded in asphalt, and laminated tabs attached with adhesive.
- These CertainTeed luxury shingles are resistant to algae, which protects your roof from dark or black discoloration caused by blue-green algae.
- It features random tabs and shadow lines, providing the depth and dimension of a natural slate roof without the high price.
Although CertainTeed Roofing brand products are slightly more expensive than those of other brands, a square of Grand Manor Shingles can be purchased for around $220-$245.
According to CertainTeed, they are offering the following warranties on their Grand Manor Shingles:
- Lifetime, limited transferable warranty.
- 10-year SureStart™ warranty that provides 100% coverage for shingle replacement and the cost of labor.
- 15-year StreakFighter® warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae.
- 15-year wind warranty up to 110 mph.
#2 Camelot® II By GAF
Your next roofing project could be a real eye-catcher with Camelot® II Shingles. Camelot® II shingles give your home the classic, artisan-crafted look of European architecture at an affordable price. These GAF Luxury shingles have oversized tabs inspired by the romance of European architecture and colors that create a unique look for every home.
- Camelot II® Lifetime Designer Shingles feature a bold, granule-surfaced design that is backed by a fiberglass-reinforced solid micro weave core.
- Designed with GAF’s Advanced Protection Shingle Technology, which is good for your home and the environment.
- Each shingle is sealed with Dura Grip™ Adhesive, reducing the risk of shingle blow-off, and because these roof shingles are warranted to withstand wind gusts up to 130 mph, you can rest assured knowing your roof will endure.
GAF’s Camelot® II shingles are among the best options for luxury asphalt shingles, ranging from around $200 to $240 per square.
GAF offers the following limited warranties on its Camelot® II Shingles:
- StainGuard Plus™ algae protection limited warranty for 25 years.
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection for the first 10 years.
- Highest roof fire rating of UL Class A.
- Wind warranty coverage up to 130 mph with special installation.
#3 Berkshire By Owens Corning
If you want to achieve luxury and elegance in your home, consider installing Owens Corning Berkshire shingles. This premium shingle creates a look as expensive as it is beautiful to behold. The price tag may seem steep, but if you compare it to the price of slate tiles, you’ll see that this option is quite affordable.
- These laminated shingles have an 8 ⅜ by 8 ½ inch tab with shadow lines and a thickness, proportion, and color selection, making them an elegant choice.
- Berkshire Shingles offer bold colors, a clean appearance, and a classic look.
- StreakGuard™ algae resistance protection helps inhibit the growth of blue-green algae to keep your luxury shingles looking clean and inviting.
Owens Corning Berkshire shingles cost around $215 to $390 per square.
Owens Corning provides the following limited warranties for its Berkshire shingles:
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Wind resistance limited warranty up to 130 mph.
- Algae resistance limited warranty for 10 years.
- Tru PROtection® non-prorated limited warranty for 10 years.
#4 Belmont® By CertainTeed
When it comes to emulating the look of a classic slate roof, Belmont® luxury shingles hit the mark. Their layered construction, blended colors, and rich hues make them a stylish choice for homeowners interested in the natural beauty of slate roofs.
- These asphalt laminate shingles feature realistic slate coloration and contrasting shadow lines, giving your roof an eye-catching dimension.
- Belmont is certified to meet the standards of UL, a leading safety organization. It comes with CertainTeed’s industry-leading warranty.
- Belmont shingles are resistant to algae, which helps guard against staining or streaking caused by dark or black discoloration of the roof.
Belmont luxury shingles cost around $260 to $350 per square.
According to CertainTeed, they are offering the following warranties on their Belmont Shingles:
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on
- 15-year Street Fighter algae resistance warranty.
- 10-year SureStart™ protection.
- 15-year wind warranty up to 110 mph.
- A wind warranty upgrade to 130 mph is available, but you need a CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip & ridge.
- All colors are available in an impact-resistant version.
#5 StormMaster® Slate By Atlas
StormMaster® Slate Impact-Resistant shingles have a larger range of styles than traditional asphalt roofing shingles, offering homeowners the unique opportunity to give their home the look of slate with the versatility to match any style of architecture.
- StormMaster® Slate shingles feature Core4 technology and a Class 4 impact resistance, the highest rating available.
- These beautiful asphalt shingles are built with high-performance technology and withstand winds up to 150 mph.
- StormMaster® shingles come with Scotchgard Protector, which helps prevent black streaks caused by algae, so your roof will look beautiful for years.
The StormMaster® Slate shingles cover 33.3 square feet per bundle, costing around $105 to $156 per square.
Atlas Roofing has provided the following limited warranties for its StormMaster shingles:
- Limited wind warranty up to 130 mph.
- A limited algae lifetime warranty backs Scotchgard™ Protector.
- Atlas Premium Protection for a non-prorated period of 10 years.
- A wind warranty for up to 15 years.
- Lifetime limited warranty.
As a ShingleMaster™ contractor, we always recommend CertainTeed’s luxury line of asphalt roofing shingles because we have seen the difference in quality between CertainTeed and other brands. Their luxury shingles are made from an advanced fiberglass super durable composition that resists wind and algae. At A. Fricker Roofing & Waterproofing, we’re proud to be able to offer this great product to our clients, and we hope you’ll consider it too!
If you want to know more about luxury asphalt shingles, you should schedule a free consultation with one of our expert roofing contractors. We will be happy to show you how to get the best deal on your new roof and install the best shingles. Give us a call at (918) 402-7167.